Children learn to speak at their own pace and reach milestones at various ages. Here are some milestones that can help determine if you need to seek professional advice
Hearing and Understanding
- Hears you when you call from another room.
- Hears television or radio at the same loudness level as other family members.
- Answers simple "who?", "what?", "where?", and "why?" questions
- Talks about activities at school or at friends' homes.
- People outside of the family usually understand child's speech.
- Uses a lot of sentences that have 4 or more words.
- Usually talks easily without repeating syllables or words.